Gas measurement technician training program launched.
In 2009, Letton-Hall Group (LHG) was contracted to develop the first version of an industry-sanctioned gas measurement training program for the natural gas industry. The vision was to develop a training program to address the needs of the industry. The program would:
- be owned and sanctioned by an industry committee, providing industry-wide acceptance and a valued credential for measurement technicians,
- be industry-supported providing a sustainable, current program lasting many years into the future,
- be serious, challenging and rewarding,
- address tasks performed by measurement technicians,
- provide a means to assess baseline knowledge,
- develop a workforce with a common skill set throughout the industry,
- facilitate systematic career progression,
- use state of the art training methods, incorporating program flexibility and modularity.
The project was managed as a Joint Industry Project. Sixteen natural gas operating companies contributed funds, content and expertise to the project. The project is now complete and content has been delivered to the JIP members as well as two community colleges. The content includes:
- 26 3/4 hours of Computer/Web-Based Training, provided in a rapid e-learning format.
- 536 hours of Instructor-Led Training, including slides and student guides.
- 16 hands-on lab activities, known as “Skill Builders.” (90.5-181 hours)
- A Knowledge Assessment Tool.
- Three Day “Train-the-Trainer” workshop.
About the Letton Hall Group:
The Letton Hall Group is an independent, deep knowledge team of experts in oil and gas flow. Engaged in the advancement and practical application of measurement technology from single phase to multiphase conditions, the aim of the Letton Hall Group is making measurements work for business objectives.