Because measurement is always in progress, we may be critical to your success.
The Letton Hall Group is an independent, deep knowledge team of experts in oil and gas flow. By advancing applications of measurement technology, we make measurements work for our clients’ business objectives.
From drilling to production to transportation and distribution, the oil and gas industry is in the business of processing multi-component fluid systems. To do this successfully, these fluids must be quantified – as they come in, and as they go out. Optimizing the process requires measurement.
At the Letton Hall Group, we help our clients get the most effective measurements they can to realize their goals. No job is too small or too big. Whether the need is routine surveillance, or complying with standards or regulations, or developing technology beyond current capabilities, we are our clients’ trusted advisor and project team.
The Letton Hall Group has expertise in:
- Sales gas and LACT oil metering
- Multiphase flow metering (MPFM) and wet gas metering
- Water-cut measurement
- Flow computers and controls and instrumentation
- Reservoir fluid phase behavior and chemistry
- Reservoir fluid sampling, analysis, and modeling
- Gas and liquid spot sampling and composite sampling
- Flow assurance
- Flow modeling and virtual flow metering (VFM)
- Process simulation and facilities engineering
- Well testing and well rate determination
- Data validation and reconciliation (DVR)
- Production surveillance and process optimization
- Production allocation and accounting
- Reservoir and production engineering practices
- Pipeline and production field and plant operations
- Drilling fluid monitoring and kick detection
- Subsea operating practices for measurement and sampling
- Single phase and multiphase fluid flow
- Fluid sensor physics, design, and engineering
- High pressure High temperature (HPHT) sensor design
- Flow loop testing
- Applied research
We offer the following services:
- Operations and projects support
- Field surveillance and data validation
- Field audits, studies, and evaluations
- Field operations support
- Technical support and helpdesk services
- Engineer and field technician training
- Measurement system design/development
- Measurement system procurement support and management
- Technology testing, research and development
The Letton Hall Group maintains its independence from branded products by not engaging itself as a direct buyer and seller of products, or in the co-development of products with manufacturers.
Read more about the founding of the Letton Hall Group on our History page
Letton Hall summer student intern performing analysis on the RPSEA-funded drilling kick detection project.
Letton Hall engineers, Eric Toskey (left), and Eric Kelner (right), on a field measurement audit in Alaska.